We’re up to something. Curious?
What’s happening to the website?
You may have noticed some changes to the way this website looks and works. We hope you like what you’ve seen so far.
We are working to make wellcomecollection.org a more welcoming space where you can discover more of what Wellcome Collection has to offer. From thought-provoking articles to participatory events, from temporary exhibitions to our world-renowned research library, our website is evolving to make it easier for you to find and do what you need.
Our approach to our digital evolution is open and transparent. We want to share our work in progress with you, and to get your feedback throughout the development.
Throughout 2017, you’ll be introduced to:
- An improved navigation that makes it easier for you to find what you need
- Engaging multi-part stories, video and audio series, curated image galleries, and even a new webcomic
- A single search for library collections, images, our live programmes and venue information
- Better tools for exploring Wellcome Library’s collections
- A refreshed visual design.
We’ll regularly publish information about new features here.
You can also sign up to take part in user research (surveys, in-person and online activities). Register for the Wellcome Collection User Panel to contribute to our exciting redevelopment.
February 2017: Launched a new Explore section
- Began publishing Wellcome Collection’s blog to the Explore section.
- Designed an enhanced reading experience for mobile and desktop users, improving legibility, image and video presentation.
- Introduced new visual design, including fonts, colour palette, bigger and bolder images.
March-April 2017: Enhancements and Infrastructure
- Released a six-part story, Electric Sublime, publishing a new part every Thursday.
- Made improvements to site functionality and accessibility.
- Redirected all visitors to blog.wellcomecollection.org to our new site.
- Continued the essential infrastructure work to decouple our content management architecture from the site code.
Tell us what you think
This is a work in progress, and we’d like to know what you think about the new website. Please email us your feedback and ideas.