We’re up to something. Curious?
What’s happening to the website?
You may have noticed some changes to the way this website looks and works. We hope you like what you’ve seen so far.
We are working to make wellcomecollection.org a more welcoming space where you can discover more of what Wellcome Collection has to offer. From thought-provoking articles to participatory events, from temporary exhibitions to our world-renowned research library, our website is evolving to make it easier for you to find and do what you need.
Our approach to our digital evolution is open and transparent. We want to share our work in progress with you, and to get your feedback throughout the development.
Throughout 2017, you’ll be introduced to:
- An improved navigation that makes it easier for you to find what you need
- Engaging multi-part stories, video and audio series, curated image galleries, and even a new webcomic
- A single search for library collections, images, our live programmes and venue information
- Better tools for exploring Wellcome Library’s collections
- A refreshed visual design.
We’ll regularly publish information about new features here.
February 2017: Launched a new Explore section
- Began publishing Wellcome Collection’s blog to the Explore section.
- Designed an enhanced reading experience for mobile and desktop users, improving legibility, image and video presentation.
- Introduced new visual design, including fonts, colour palette, bigger and bolder images.
Tell us what you think
This is a work in progress, and we’d like to know what you think about the new website. You can get in touch in two ways:
- Through the feedback module on the site
- Email us
If you’d like to be involved in usability testing (surveys, in-person and online activities) please drop us an email with your contact details and the Digital Experience team will be in touch.